- Item #: 55BFM412
- Manufacturer: Cardinal Health
- HCPCS: A6213
Silicone bordered foam dressings are sterile, foam dressings made with a highly absorbent foam pad, protective film backing, gentle silicone adhesive and secure border. The dressings are used to protect and absorb exudate from the wound, which helps facilitate a moist environment and may promote healing.
- Type of dressing: Primary and secondary dressing.
- Change frequency: Up to 7 days.
- Used for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including: Pressure ulcers, diabetic, venous and arterial ulcers, post-operative surgical wounds, graft and donor sites, traumatic wound, lacerations and abrasions.
- Contraindications: Third-degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis.